Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Civil rights demonstrators standing behind a wooden barricade on Sylvan Street in Selma, Alabama, holding signs that spell "Selma Wall."
- Paravicini, Haywood
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Dallas County (Ala.)
- Williams, Hosea, 1926-2000
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Hosea Williams is standing above the crowd, speaking to the demonstrators. This photograph was taken during the "Berlin Wall" demonstrations in the George Washington Carver Homes neighborhood. Sylvan Street was renamed Martin Luther King Street in 1976.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History