Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Wilson Baker and Mayor Joe Smitherman in front of a police blockade on Sylvan Street in Selma, Alabama.
- Langford, Dave
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights demonstrations
Dallas County (Ala.)
- Baker, Wilson, 1915-1975
Smitherman, Joseph T., 1929-2005
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Baker was Selma's director of public safety. The exact date is unknown, but the image is related to either the Selma demonstrations or the Selma to Montgomery March. Sylvan Street was renamed Martin Luther King Street in 1976.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History