Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Line of civil rights activists in the George Washington Carver Homes neighborhood of Selma, Alabama, during the "Berlin Wall" demonstrations.
- Paravicini, Haywood
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Dallas County (Ala.)
- Owens, Ben, 1914-
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- A sign on the utility pole on the left reads, "38° Parallel / Selma, Ala," and demonstrators are holding signs that read, "Stop Taxation without Representation" and "Stop Police Killing." Ben "Sunshine" Owens is standing in front, facing left.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History