Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Hosea Williams and other demonstrators at a voter registration rally outside the Jefferson County courthouse in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Farmer, John
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- Williams, Hosea, 1926-2000
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Demonstrators are holding signs that read, "Freedom Now Means 6 Days Each Week" and "One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six Days Each Week." The 1965-1966 Birmingham voter registration campaign advocated for increased registration hours at the county courthouse and registration in local neighborhoods.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History