Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Martin Luther King Jr. speaking to reporters in Senatobia, Mississippi, during the March Against Fear begun by James Meredith.
- Paravicini, Haywood
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The March Against Fear began on June 5 in Memphis. Meredith was injured by gunshots shortly after setting out, and he was not able to rejoin the march until June 25.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History