Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Two men standing beside the street near the end of the March Against Fear in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Jones, Ed
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- A sign for the Lowndes County Freedom Organization (also known as the Black Panther Party) is between them. James Meredith began the March Against Fear began on June 5 in Memphis. He was injured by gunshots shortly after setting out, and he was not able to rejoin the march until June 25.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History