Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Protestors at the Jefferson County courthouse in Birmingham, Alabama, during the voter registration campaign that began in December 1965.
- Gibson, Tom
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The campaign advocated for more accessible voter registration through increased hours at the county courthouse and voter registration in local neighborhoods.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History