Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Sheriff Jim Clark talking to C. T. Vivian on the steps of the Dallas County courthouse during a voting rights demonstration in Selma, Alabama.
- Jones, Ed
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Dallas County (Ala.)
- Clark, James G.
Vivian, C. T.
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- More than 500 protestors, many of them students, were arrested during voting rights demonstrations this day.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History