Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- African Americans registering to vote on a Saturday morning at the Jefferson County courthouse in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Jones, Ed
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
African Americans--Political activity
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Two newly hired African American voter registration clerks are at work. The Jefferson County Board of Registrars opened the courthouse for Saturday voter registration due to the increased demand after the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History