Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Martin Luther King Jr. and James Forman leaving the Montgomery County courthouse after a meeting with local officials in Montgomery, Alabama.
- Martin, Spider
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Montgomery County (Ala.)
- Forman, James, 1928-2005
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The meeting followed a march held to protest the violent dispersal of a group of SNCC demonstrators on March 16. Martin Luther King Jr. and other civil rights leaders met with local officials at the courthouse to discuss the event.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History