Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Civil rights demonstrators and reporters outside the Ben Moore Hotel on Jackson Street in Montgomery, Alabama, before marching to the Montgomery County courthouse.
- Martin, Spider
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Montgomery County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The march was held to protest the violent dispersal of a group of SNCC demonstrators on March 16. Martin Luther King Jr. and other civil rights leaders met with local officials at the courthouse to discuss the event.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History