Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Civil rights demonstrators on the steps of Brown Chapel in Selma, Alabama.
- Aiken, Elizabeth Boone
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Dallas County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The are holding the following signs: "Don't Club Us! Love Us!" "Give Us the Right to Be First Class Citizens Now," "Look Out Selma Here Comes Freedom," "We Are American Citizens and We Have the Right to Be Heard Now!" "You Can Stop Police Brutality Here Register Now! To Vote," "Don't Buy Where You Can't Eat! Register to Vote Now!" "If You Are Tired of Those 15 jobs! Register to Vote!" "We March for Equality Now," "When Are You Going to Hire Negro Sales Personel!" and "'God' Is Our Defender, Only By His Word," "We Shall Overcome Because God Is on Our Side," "Selma March for Freedom," "Stop! Segregation Register to Vote," "Segregation Is Leaving Selma Now! Register to Vote," and "All Men Are Equal."
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History