Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Chalkboard inside 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama, after the building was bombed.
- Self, Tom
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- 16th Street Baptist Church Bombing, Birmingham, Ala., 1963
African Americans--Civil rights
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Genesis 9:13 is written on the board, but the word "don't" has been added at the beginning of the verse: "I don't set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a token of a covenant between me and the earth." Debris is scattered around.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History