Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Window damaged when A. G. Gaston's house was firebombed in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Jones, Ed
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- Gaston, A. G. (Arthur George), 1892-1996--Homes and haunts
African Americans--Civil rights
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- Gaston, Minnie
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The top left pane of glass is broken, possibly indicating the spot where the bomb was thrown into the house. Minnie Gaston, wife of A. G., is standing on the front porch, looking up at the damage.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History