Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- African Americans in front of the Silver Sands Restaurant across the street from 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Merritt, Vernon
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- 16th Street Baptist Church Bombing, Birmingham, Ala., 1963
African Americans--Civil rights
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The building was severely damaged when the church was bombed. An African American civil defense officer (in a white helmet) is speaking to an adolescent boy who had been shouting at the scene.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History