Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Buildings on fire at the corner of 6th Avenue North and 15th Street North in Birmingham, Alabama, after the bombing of the Gaston Motel.
- Dean, Norman
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Armored vehicles, Military
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- Lankford, Thomas Earl, 1935-2020
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- A Birmingham Police Department tank is parked on the street, and a Birmingham News photographer Tom Lankford is standing to the right. Martin Luther King Jr. had been staying at the motel, which was owned by A. G. Gaston.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History