Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Police officers speaking to civil rights demonstrators boycotting businesses in downtown Birmingham, Alabama.
- Dean, Norman
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The demonstrators are holding posters that read "Birmingham Merchants Unfair" and "Equal Opportunity and Human Dignity"; the officers appear to be writing on the backs of the signs.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History