Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- James Peck and other Freedom Riders at the Greyhound station in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Adams, Robert
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- Freedom Rides, 1961
African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- Peck, James
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Peck is bruised and bandaged, having been attacked by a mob when the Freedom Riders' bus arrived in Birmingham. None of the drivers at the station would agree to take the Freedom Riders to their next destination.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History