Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Autherine Lucy, Arthur Shores, and Thurgood Marshall outside the federal courthouse in Birmingham, Alabama, after a hearing.
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- Hurley, Ruby, 1909-1980
Lucy, Autherine, 1929-2022
Marshall, Thurgood, 1908-1993
Shores, Arthur D. (Arthur Davis), 1904-1996
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Ruby Hurley, area director for the NAACP, is standing behind Lucy and Marshall.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History