Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Autherine Lucy in the office of her attorney, Arthur Shores, in Birmingham, Alabama, probably after her exclusion from classes at the University of Alabama.
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- Lucy, Autherine, 1929-2022
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The university's board of trustees voted to exclude Lucy in response to the violence that erupted on campus after she attended her first classes.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History