Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Students protesting the attempt to integrate Woodlawn High School in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Hardin, Ernest
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights demonstrations
White supremacy movements
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Most are shouting, and several are raising their middle fingers. This photograph was published in the Birmingham News on September 10, 1957, with the following caption: "Between 75 and 100 Woodlawn students refused to enter school . . . Police threatened use of fire hoses to disperse crowd from grounds."
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History