Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- African Americans participating in a march led by the Southern Christian Leadership Conference in Gadsden, Alabama.
- Ayres, Jerry
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Etowah County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- They are holding signs that read, "Jobs or Income Now" and "This Is Our Home and We Demand Our Rights." The United Klans of America held a march in Gadsden the same day. The demonstrations were organized in response to the recent killing of Collis Madden, an African American man who was shot 15 times by police after a high-speed chase.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History