Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Sheriff John Hulett in front of the Lowndes County courthouse in Hayneville, Alabama.
- Sikora, Frank
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Employment
Lowndes County (Ala.)
- Hulett, John
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Hulett, a local civil rights activist, was the first African American sheriff of Lowndes County. He was first elected sheriff in 1970 and he held the position for 22 years before becoming a probate judge.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History