Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- William M. Branch, Greene County probate judge, standing with his wife, Alberta, in front of the courthouse in Eutaw, Alabama.
- Sikora, Frank
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans
Greene County (Ala.)
- Branch, Alberta Carpenter
Branch, William McKinley, 1918-
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- When he was elected in 1970, Branch became the first African American probate judge in the United States.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History