Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Man speaking during a rally sponsored by the Birmingham Mobilization Committee Against War and Racism at Kelly Ingram Park in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Battle, Dave
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Race relations--United States
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The rally was held to protest state and national racism; the incarcerations of Caliph Washington and Raymond Holloway; and the recent killings of African Americans in Jackson, Mississippi, and Augusta, Georgia. Most of the people who attended were students at local colleges and universities. The event was described in the article "Park rally held as memorial for 2 prisoners," which appeared in the Birmingham News on May 23, 1970.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History