Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Signs carried during a school integration protest in downtown Birmingham, Alabama.
- Northrop, John
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights demonstrations
White supremacy movements
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- They read, "What Do You Think About This Mess? / H.E.W. No / Freedom of Choice Yes" and "Down with H.E.W. / Freedom of Choice / My God Given Right." ("H.E.W." refers to the U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare.) The march started at the federal building and ended at Woodrow Wilson Park.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History