Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Media Group Collection
- Martin Luther King Jr. addressing an audience at a voter rally in a wooded area in Alabama.
- Merrill, H.
- Montgomery, Ala. : Alabama. Department of Archives and History
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
African Americans--Political activity
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
King, Martin Luther, III
Williams, Hosea, 1926-2000
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Hosea Williams is standing to the left, and King's children, Yolanda and Martin, are behind him on the right. King traveled around Alabama the week before the 1966 May primaries to encourage voter participation in the upcoming election. His tour was mentioned in an article ("King Criticizes Panthers") on page 67 of the Birmingham News on April 27, 1966.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright, Alabama Department of Archives and History. Donated by the Alabama Media Group, http://www.alabamamediagroup.com
- Original Collection:
- Birmingham News
Alabama Media Group
Alabama Media Group Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History