Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Photographs and Pictures Collection
- White and African American protesters carrying signs at a demonstration against John Patterson and segregation, possibly in downtown Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Alabama Department of Archives and History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130
- Date of Original:
African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- The signs read, "Governor Patterson--end racist terror in Alabama"; "Freedom yes! Patterson no!"; and "Shame!" The location and date are unknown, but the photograph is located in an album with other images taken during Patterson's trip to the National Governors Conference in Hawaii in June 1961.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though ADAH has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.
- Original Collection:
- Patterson, John
John Patterson papers
LPR254, Box 36
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History