Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Photographs and Pictures Collection
- Photographs of the 1977 annual institute of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund (LDF) at the Hotel Americana in New York City.
- Peppler, Jim
- Alabama Department of Archives and History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130
- Date of Original:
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
African Americans--Civil rights
- Chambers, Julius L. (Julius LeVonne), 1936-2013
Davis, John W. (John Warren), 1888-1980
Edelman, Peter B.
Fairfax, Jean, 1920-2019
Greenberg, Jack, 1924-2016
Holifield, Marilyn, 1948-
Lee, Bill Lann, 1949-
Onek, Joseph N., 1942-
Sherwood, O. Peter
Willie, Charles V.
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The institute was held each year in May to commemorate Brown v. Board of Education decision. These photographs were taken by Jim Peppler, who worked as a photographer for the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund (LDF) from about 1966 to 1985.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though ADAH has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.
- Original Collection:
- Peppler, James
Jim Peppler NAACP Legal Defense Fund photograph collection
LPP121, Box 1
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History