Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Photographs and Pictures Collection
- Photographs of individuals involved in the legal case of Waters v. Wisconsin Steel Works of International Harvester Company in Chicago, Illinois.
- Peppler, Jim
- Alabama Department of Archives and History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130
- Date of Original:
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
African Americans--Civil rights
- Barnhill, Charles
Galland, George F.
Miner, Judson H.
Waters, Cheryl H.
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- These photographs were taken by Jim Peppler on behalf of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund (LDF) to document the Waters v. Wisconsin Steel Works legal case, as well as and other work by LDF to fight employment discrimination. Some of the images were used in the brochure "The Right to Earn a Living." Peppler worked as a photographer for the LDF from about 1966 to 1985.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though ADAH has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.
- Original Collection:
- Peppler, James
Jim Peppler NAACP Legal Defense Fund photograph collection
LPP121, Box 1
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History