Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Photographs and Pictures Collection
- Photographs documenting the work of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund (LDF) to combat racial discrimination housing and employment in North Carolina.
- Peppler, Jim
- Alabama Department of Archives and History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130
- Date of Original:
- Cannon Mills Company
NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
African Americans--Civil rights
- Adell, Ken
Chambers, Julius L. (Julius LeVonne), 1936-2013
Ferguson, James E. (James Elliott), 1942-
Fuller, James C. (James Cook), 1867-
Peppler, James H., 1941-
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Some of the images were used in the brochure "The Battle for a Place to Live . . . To Open Housing to Blacks in Asheville, North Carolina." These photographs were taken by Jim Peppler, who worked as a photographer for the LDF from about 1966 to 1985.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though ADAH has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.
- Original Collection:
- Peppler, James H.
Jim Peppler NAACP Legal Defense Fund photograph collection
LPP121, Box 2
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History