Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Photographs and Pictures Collection
- Photographs plaintiffs and cooperating attorneys for the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund (LDF) who participated in the legal case Haskins v. County of Wilson in Wilson, North Carolina.
- Peppler, Jim
- Alabama Department of Archives and History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130
- Date of Original:
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
African Americans--Civil rights
Wilson (Wilson County, N.C.)
- Atkinson, Amanda
Atkinson, Roy, 1935-
Butterfield, G. K. (George Kenneth), 1947-
Butterfield, Jenetta Lenai, 1980-
Bynum, Catherine Whitehead, 1910-1999
Edwards, Roland, 1914-1984
Farmer-Butterfield, Jean, 1947-
Fitch, Milton F., 1920-1995
Fitch, Milton F., 1946-
Hamilton, Jennie Barnes
Hamilton, Lamont, 1948-
Hamilton, Lamonique, 1979-
Haskins, Robert D., 1913-1986
Jones, Valeisha Butterfield, 1978-
McMillion, Wanda Faye
Reid, Harvey, 1926-1991
Tate, Helen Whitfield
Watkins, Talmadge Adam, 1915-2002
Williams, Jasper E., 1919-1988
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- These photographs were taken by Jim Peppler on behalf of the LDF to document efforts to secure representation for African American citizens on the Board of Commissioners in Wilson County, North Carolina (Haskins v. The County of Wilson). Some of these images were used in the brochure, "Making Their Votes Count." Peppler worked as a photographer for the LDF from about 1966 to 1985.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though ADAH has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.
- Original Collection:
- Peppler, James H.
Jim Peppler NAACP Legal Defense Fund photograph collection
LPP121, Box 2
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History