Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Photographs and Pictures Collection
- Photographs of Elizabeth Hunter and her children in Unadilla, Georgia.
- Peppler, Jim
- Alabama Department of Archives and History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130
- Date of Original:
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
African Americans--Civil rights
- Ford, Austin R.
Hunter, Elizabeth Sanders, 1933-2008
Hunter, Roy Lee
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- Hunter's children were the first African Americans to attend formerly all-white public schools in Unadilla. These photographs were taken by Jim Peppler on behalf of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund (LDF) to document the work of the LDF to support school integration in Georgia. Some of the images were used in the brochure "Unadilla, Georgia." Peppler worked as a photographer for the LDF from about 1966 to 1985.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though ADAH has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.
- Original Collection:
- Peppler, James H.
Jim Peppler NAACP Legal Defense Fund photograph collection
LPP121, Box 1
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History