Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Photographs and Pictures Collection
- Employee cleaning a women's restroom at the Normandale Service Station at 522 East Patton Avenue in Montgomery, Alabama.
- Scott, John E., Montgomery, Alabama
- Alabama Department of Archives and History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Employment
Montgomery County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The business, a Gulf station, was operated by Lawrence Avant. The two doors on the left are for "Colored" restrooms. The signs are not visible in this photograph, but the entire side of the building is shown in the following image: http://cdm17217.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/peppler/id/2116
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though ADAH has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.
- Original Collection:
- Scott, John Engelhardt
John Engelhardt Scott negative collection
LPP116, PN Box 95
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History