Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Photographs and Pictures Collection
- Martin Luther King, Jr., and others marching beside St. Margaret's Hospital on South Jackson Street in Montgomery, Alabama, headed to the county courthouse on Washington Avenue.
- Alabama Department of Archives and History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130
- Date of Original:
African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Montgomery County (Ala.)
- Abernathy, Ralph, 1926-1990
Douglas, Jesse L., Sr.
Forman, James, 1928-2005
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- Marching beside him are Ralph Abernathy, James Forman, Jesse Douglas, Sr., and John Lewis. King led the marchers to protest the violent dispersal of a group of SNCC demonstrators on March 16; he met with officials at the courthouse to discuss the event.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though ADAH has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.
- Original Collection:
- Alabama. State Sovereignty Commission
Selma to Montgomery Voting Rights March photographs
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History