Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Photographs and Pictures Collection
- Joseph Lowery, president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, speaking at a rally at St. Jude Catholic Church in Montgomery, Alabama.
- Alabama Department of Archives and History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Civil rights workers
Montgomery County (Ala.)
- Lowery, Joseph E.
Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- color transparencies
- George Wallace is seated beside him. Around the podium are signs for SCLC ("Save Our Voting Rights") and the Coalition of Alabamians Reforming Education. The rally was held to commemorate the thirtieth anniversary of the Selma-to-Montgomery March.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though ADAH has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.
- Original Collection:
- Alabama. Bureau of Tourism and Travel
Tourism promotional materials
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History