Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Photographs and Pictures Collection
- Participants in a civil rights demonstration on a sidewalk in downtown Birmingham, Alabama.
- Alabama Department of Archives and History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
Civil rights workers
Jefferson County (Ala.)
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- Demonstrators are protesting unequal educational and political opportunities. They are carrying signs that read "We Declare War Against Repression"; "Dr. Hall, Where Are the 301 White Students Who Were Zoned into Westfield High"; and "Westfield High Is Unsafe for Black Students It Must Be Closed."
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though ADAH has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.
- Original Collection:
- Alabama. Governor
Alabama Governor Wallace photographs
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History