Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Photographs and Pictures Collection
- Demonstrators protesting George Wallace, probably at a college in a northeastern state.
- Alabama Department of Archives and History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
- Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- They are carrying signs that read "We Mourn the Children of Birmingham"; "Human Rights Over States' Rights"; "For Justice Under Law"; "A Vote for Wallace Is a Vote for Tyranny"; "Let Us Not Forget Bombs in Birmingham"; and "Freedom to Speak Freedom to Vote."
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though ADAH has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.
- Original Collection:
- Alabama. Governor
Alabama Governor Wallace photographs
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History