Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Alabama Photographs and Pictures Collection
- African Americans holdings signs to protest George Wallace in Gary, Indiana.
- Alabama Department of Archives and History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights
Civil rights demonstrations
- Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998
- United States, Alabama, 32.75041, -86.75026
- negatives (photographs)
- The signs read, "We Are Integrationists"; "Wallace Is a Segregationist"; "Wallace Go Home!"; and "Wallace Against Civil Rights." Police officers with motorcycles are in front of the group.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material may be protected under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) which governs the making of photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted materials. You may use the digitized material for private study, scholarship, or research. Though ADAH has physical ownership of the material in its collections, in some cases we may not own the copyright to the material. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in our collections.
- Original Collection:
- Alabama. Governor
Alabama Governor Wallace photographs
- Contributing Institution:
- Alabama. Department of Archives and History