Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Auburn University Photographs Collection
- 1964: State police standing by during integration of Auburn University
- Auburn, Ala. : Auburn University. Libraries
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Education--Alabama
Civil rights--History--21st century
- United States, Alabama, Lee County, Auburn, 32.60986, -85.48078
- Harold Franklin was the first black student to attend Auburn University. He enrolled in graduate school classes in January 2, 1964. The governor was so afraid of possible violence, he assigned the state police to Auburn University to prevent it. Anyone with additional information is urged to contact the Auburn University Libraries Cataloging Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This image is the property of the Auburn University Libraries and is intended for non-commercial use. Users of the image are asked to acknowledge the Auburn University Libraries. For information about obtaining high-resolution copies of this and other images in this collection, please contact the Auburn University Libraries Special Collections & Archives Department at email@example.com or (334) 844-1732.
- Original Collection:
- Auburn University Numbered Photographs
Auburn University. Special Collections and Archives
- Contributing Institution:
- Auburn University. Library