Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Freedom Summer Digital Collection
- Smith--COFO v. Rainey, 1964 (Benjamin E. Smith papers, 1955-1967; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 513, Box 1, Folder 18)
- Smith, Benjamin Eugene
- Date of Original:
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
White Citizens councils
United States. Department of Justice
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation
Ku Klux Klan
Association for the Preservation of the White Race
- Kunstler, William M. (William Moses), 1919-1995
Rainey, Lawrence, 1923-2002
Price, Cecil Ray, 1938-2001
Bender, Rita L.
Chaney, Fannie Lee
Hamer, Fannie Lou
Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964
Chaney, James Earl, 1943-1964
Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964
Connor, Peggy Jean
Gould, John, Sr.
Moses, Robert Parris
King, Edwin H.
Birdsong, T. B.
Rosenthal, Len, 1940-
Smith, Benjamin Eugene
Wulf, Melvin L., 1927-
Stavis, Morton, -1992
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
United States, Mississippi, Hinds County, Jackson, 32.29876, -90.18481
United States, Mississippi, Neshoba County, 32.7535, -89.11757
- legal documents
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright to these documents belongs to the individuals who created them or the organizations for which they worked. The principal organizations have been defunct for many years and copyright to their unpublished records is uncertain. We share them here strictly for non-profit educational purposes. We have attempted to contact individuals who created personal papers of significant length or importance. Nearly all have generously permitted us to include their work. If you believe that you possess copyright to material included here, please contact us at email@example.com. Under the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law, teachers and students are free to reproduce any document for nonprofit classroom use. Commercial use of copyright-protected material is generally prohibited.
- Original Collection:
- Benjamin E. Smith papers, 1955-1967; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 513, Box 1 Folder 18; WIHVS3060-A
- Contributing Institution:
- Wisconsin Historical Society