- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- McNair press conference on Orangeburg--outtakes
- Contributor to Resource:
- WNOK 1476
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- Orangeburg Massacre, Orangeburg, S.C., 1968
South Carolina State College
South Carolina State University
- McNair, Robert E. (Robert Evander), 1923-2007
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- motion pictures (visual works)
- South Carolina Governor Robert McNair holds a press conference and answers questions regarding the situation in Orangeburg. Governor McNair comments on rumors surrounding recent events and urges all people in the Orangeburg area to be calm. This was most likely filmed the morning after South Carolina Highway Patrol officers opened fire on a group of protesters, killing three and injuring nearly 30 more.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Moving Image Research Collections. All rights reserved. For further information please contact University of South Carolina, Moving Image Research Collections, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Film: 16mm. Sound. B&W. Reversal: positive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Sound. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections