- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- Thurmond on the proposed Civil Rights Act--handout
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
Civil rights--Law and legislation
Civil rights--United States
- Thurmond, Strom, 1902-2003
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- motion pictures (visual works)
- Senator Strom Thurmond (South Carolina) speaks about proposed civil rights legislation. Thurmond describes the bill as "obnoxious, power-grab legislation." Thurmond states that he and a "small band of Southern senators" will oppose the bill with "everything we have." The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson on July 2, 1964.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright University of South Carolina. All rights reserved.
- Film: 16mm. Sound. B&W. Positive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Variable-area optical. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections