- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- South Carolina State College and Claflin College--outtakes
- Contributor to Resource:
- WNOK 1475
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- South Carolina State College
South Carolina State University
- United States, South Carolina, Orangeburg County, 33.43899, -80.8003
United States, South Carolina, Orangeburg County, Orangeburg, 33.49182, -80.85565
- motion pictures (visual works)
- S.C. State College (University) and Claflin College (University). Long shot students walk into White Hall. Medium shot unidentified man speaking. Medium shot audience. Exterior: more of colleges. Long shot exterior of ""All Star"" Bowling Lanes alley. This was likely filmed after the Orangeburg Massacre, as the segregated All Star Bowling alley was the impetus for the demonstrations that led to S.C. Highway Patrol officers firing on protesters (February 8, 1968). It may have been from the event when Roy Wilkins of the NAACP spoke in White Hall at S.C. State (February 1968).
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright University of South Carolina. All rights reserved.
- Film: 16mm. Silent and sound. B&W. Reversal: positive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Sound. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections