- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- Monteith on University of South Carolina desegregation--outtakes
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- University of South Carolina
Segregation in higher education
- Treadwell, Henrie M.
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- motion pictures (visual works)
- Henrie Monteith is interviewed on the front porch of her home about her admission to the University of South Carolina. Monteith was one of three students to desegregate the university in 1963. When asked if she believes her admission will be a source of trouble on campus, she replies, "I hope not."
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Moving Image Research Collections. All rights reserved. For further information please contact University of South Carolina, Moving Image Research Collections, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Film: 16mm. Sound. B&W. Interpositive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Variable-area optical. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections