- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- McNair on student deaths in Orangeburg--outtakes
- Contributor to Resource:
- WNOK 1484
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- Orangeburg Massacre, Orangeburg, S.C., 1968
South Carolina State College
South Carolina State University
- McNair, Robert E. (Robert Evander), 1923-2007
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- motion pictures (visual works)
- South Carolina Governor Robert McNair holds a press conference and answers questions following the shooting of unarmed protesters by S. C. Highway Patrol officers in Orangeburg. The protesters were primarily students from Claflin University and S. C. State College (South Carolina State University), protesting a segregated bowling alley. Three students were killed and over 30 were injured.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Moving Image Research Collections. All rights reserved. For further information please contact University of South Carolina, Moving Image Research Collections, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Film: 16mm. Sound. B&W. Reversal: positive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Sound. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections