- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- Rock Hill integration demonstrations--outtakes. 1961-02-13.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights
Criminal justice, Administration of
- Lewis, John, 1940-2020
- United States, South Carolina, York County, 34.97475, -81.18442
United States, South Carolina, York County, Rock Hill, 34.92487, -81.02508
- motion pictures (visual works)
- Highway Patrolmen lined along side of road. African-American men talking with older white man. Demonstrators standing on side of road and marching. Shots of people exiting church at corner of Hampton and S. Trade Streets. Sign reads New Mt. Olivet A.M.E. Zion Church (J.D. McArthur Minister). Church choir at doors. Shots of marchers and people leaving York County Prison Camp. John Lewis (who would go on to represent Georgia's 5th Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives) can be seen among protesters.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Moving Image Research Collections. All rights reserved. For further information please contact University of South Carolina, Moving Image Research Collections, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Film: 16mm. Silent. B&W. Reversal: positive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Silent. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections