- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- Benjamin E. Mays Laboratory--outtakes
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- Benedict College
Morehouse College (Atlanta, Ga.)
African American universities and colleges
- Mays, Benjamin E. (Benjamin Elijah), 1894-1984
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- motion pictures (visual works)
- Dr. Benjamin E. Mays, author and educator, held a book signing for his work, "Born to Rebel: An Autobiography" at Benedict College. Dr. Mays in an interview at the event explains why he wrote the book and what message it may hold for the reader. A research project in humanistic studies regarding the contributions of South Carolina African-Americans has been named in Dr. Mays' honor by Benedict College and South Carolina State College. Dr. Mays previously served as the president of Morehouse College from 1940-1967.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Moving Image Research Collections. All rights reserved. For further information please contact University of South Carolina, Moving Image Research Collections, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Film: 16mm. Silent and sound. Color. Reversal: positive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Magnetic. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections