- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- Quest for Civil Rights: Mays, McCain, McCollom and Montgomery
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
Civil rights movement
- Mays, Benjamin E. (Benjamin Elijah), 1894-1984
McCain, James T.
McCollum, Matthew, -1980
Montgomery, Eugene A.R.
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- motion pictures (visual works)
- Compilation of interviews conducted by Dr. Grace Jordan McFadden of the University of South Carolina with four prominent African Americans from South Carolina, Dr. Benjamin E. Mays [01:29], James T. McCain [31:05], Rev. Matthew D. McCollom [1:00:32], and Eugene A.R. Montgomery [1:29:46]. Interviews include discussions about growing up in the state, struggles against racial discrimination, involvement in the civil rights movement, and challenges in the fight for educational, social, economic, and political equality. Note: from the series ""Quest for Human / Civil Rights - Oral Recollections of Black South Carolinians""
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright University of South Carolina. All rights reserved.
- DVCAM. Sound. Color. Sound. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections