- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- Quest for Civil Rights: Dr. Septima Poinsett Clark
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
Civil rights movement
- Clark, Septima Poinsette, 1898-1987
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- motion pictures (visual works)
- SCAR T -14: Dr. Septima Poinsett Clark. Col , Sound , 28.98 minutes. November 10, 1980. Interior: Dr. Septima Poinsett Clark is interviewed by Dr. Grace Jordan McFadden of the University of S. C. Clark describes her family background and early teaching experiences on Johns Island. She speaks on the medical immunization programs on Johns Island. Clark recalls her involvement in the pursuit for equality in teachers' salaries and positions in S. C. She discusses her role as a leader of educational workshops at "Highlander Folk School" in Tennessee and her responsibilities as leader of citizenship education with the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Note: from the series "Quest for Human Civil Rights - Oral Recollections of Black South Carolinians."
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright University of South Carolina. All rights reserved.
- Betacam SP. Sound. Color. Sound. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections